November has presented itself this year as the most talented and impressive painter among the months, slowly drawing canvases of cloudy skies, wet leaves, and smoky fogs. While perfectly capturing Earth's treasures, November has displayed the most sophisticated color palette of deep brown and rich yellow, blended into old glory burgundy, with a mix of orange and green in between... I am in love with its artistic work and I spend every day diving into its exquisite exhibit of beauty, nature's brilliance, and sublime ordinariness. I learn from it, I drink with it, I breathe and grow in it...
I spread my eyes among the undressed trees, put my face into the gentle, fresh wind and feel...  
I chase the light – soft, plush and golden, play hide-and-seek with the tired from the summer sun and let it penetrate all the chambers of my heart...   
I rejoice in the solitude with autumn. I pulse with Earth's unhurried rhythm of grace and gain patience. This season offers me a refuge from the eventful summer and the bubbly mind. Humility emerges from its raw beauty. The world isn't such a broken place, blurring meaning, values and human dignity after all. Life is full of goodness and the good sinks into me as I sink into it. My small, separate self loosens and dissolves into what surrounds me. 
Autumn makes me settle into my home, my simple needs and disorderly dailiness. It teaches me how to observe with passion, savor my thoughts and live life in the slow lane... 

I am whole and full of gratitude. 

I taste like a pear tart.

I smell like happiness.





Thanks to a lovely supporter who sent me a heartwarming email, I reopened SylviaSimpleLife Etsy Shop with a limited quantity of original greeting cards featuring my simple photographs and my Holiday creations. The images are carefully selected in order to convey a message of a simple, handmade Christmas and a truly meaningful season. Baking cookies, making wreaths, wrapping a gift, decorating the home – it should be a celebration of its own. Spread some handwritten cheer this season with a gift of time and thought with these humble greeting cards.

Shop the collection here


Thank you to all of you for your kindness and endless support! 



Sharing with Home Sweet Home