He entered the stage on his electric wheelchair for the third time after the brilliant play of Mozart, Fauré, and Stravinsky. It was the final part of the recital in which he was going to perform some of his and the audience favorite pieces of music. My most anticipated part! 
Exposing a charming sense of humor, he introduced the choice and the composer and then he picked up the violin, put it under his chin, nodded to the pianist and started to play while seated. A mellow sound of the instrument was pouring over the hall covering every single corner of it ...
When he presented the theme of Schindler's List composed by John Williams, the audience exclaimed in excitement. Silence!
I took a deep breath. And then it happened again! The poignant beauty of a melody produced by a violin of a virtuoso began to climb into my body as it effortlessly injected each sound into my cells. Like a surgeon, I was dissecting each note, each tilt of the bow, each facial expression of the musician... I was listening to the warm tones not with my ears, but with every fiber of my being. I was hugged by soothing vibrations and soft modulations. Music was filling my spirit up like a dense fog enveloping the valley... I couldn't find peace with my emotions. And then, my heart exploded. Hot flashes were galloping through my shape. I had my eyes filled with tears. I didn't want to cry, but drops would roll down my cheeks... Undefined tears! I couldn't detect if it was joy, sadness, exaltation, pain, admiration, gratefulness... There weren't any thoughts. I didn't have my heart, I didn't have my mind, only the profound experience of an endless variety of unprescribed human sensations...

“If you're really listening, if you're awake to the poignant beauty of the world, your heart breaks regularly. In fact, your heart is made to break; its purpose is to burst open again and again so that it can hold evermore wonders.”

Being present to see and hear Itzhak Perlman performing a solo recital at Roy Thomson Hall this weekend was an incredible experience. I was totally absorbed not only by the artistry and flawlessness with which he plays the Soil Stradivarius of 1714, the finest of all stads, but also by the irrepressible joy of making music, which he communicates brilliantly.
I am grateful for such an amazing opportunity especially, to share with my son.







        I would like to wish all my friends who celebrate Thanksgiving Day this week a Very Special and Blessed Thanksgiving!






Thank you for your visits. It fills my heart with joy to read all of your kind words.