May 27, 2011

Lilac Time






                                       I lost myself on a cool damp night
                                       I gave myself in that misty light
                                       Was hypnotized by a strange delight
                                       Under a lilac tree










                                     I made wine from the lilac tree
                                     Put my heart in its recipe
                                     It makes me see 
                                     what I want to see 
                                     may be better to say "What I wanted to see"
                                     and be what I want to be
                                     When I think more than I want to think
                                     I do things I never should do
                                     I drink much more than I ought to drink
                                     Because it brings me back you...













                                 Lilac wine is sweet and heady, like my love
                                 Lilac wine, I feel unsteady, like my love
                                 Listen to me...


James Alan Shelton (1950)













 Dear Friend,
pause and smell the lilac,
inhale and smile ...
for 
It won't last long.










Thank you for your visit!







 

28 comments:

  1. Love the soft and vintage processing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like life....stop to smell the beauty for it does not last long...how gorgeous Sylvia!!! Have a happy day! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abfab tribute to lilac, both words and images.
    Love the way you play with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, Sylvia! I like the poem, too!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous lilacs and teacups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, Sylvia, your post is simply dreamy! I adore lilacs and I can't wait for them to bloom here. Your photos are breath-taking! Thanks for a lovely sight and a smile this morning.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning photography! and that quote is so true - my lilacs are just starting and I am savouring every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!
    Beautiful! Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/05/ice-cream-mustache.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great, great lilac pictures! I love the ones in the cups and glass -- well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. simply WONDERFUL!!!
    Have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beauty, beauty, beautiful, I was on the same wave length as you with the Lilacs and do they not fill up your house with their beautiful scent?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from Fab Friday. Gorgeous lilac photos. Mine are all but done here in Nebraska. Sad they do not last very long.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Try the same track by Elkie Brooks - one of my favourite tracks of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Outstanding Photography of a most beautiful Flower...

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful post...I have ordered a lilac tree and I cant wait for the orders to come in. I am not sure how well it will grow in our climate but I am going to give it a go...I so love the sweet soft fragrance of lilacs.
    HPS
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. What lovely shots! I just love all the props you used...really creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great colors and textures! I see you like contests. I've got one going on at my blog called Favorite Photo of the Week. Feel free to join in if you like. http://throughaphotographerseyes.blogspot.com/2011/05/favorite-photo-of-week-contest.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so happy my Northern friends are posting these gorgeous lilac photos. They do not grow well in Alabama, and I love them. Keep the lilac photos comin' :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my, what gorgeous photos! Lilacs are one of my most favorite flowers...I love their intoxicating scent. Thanks so much for sharing your pretty post at Photo Feature Friday :)

    ~tricia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I see you have my giveaway button on your sidebar...thank you for that too! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous photos! You have so precisely captured the beauty of lilacs... and gave us lots of creative ways to photograph them! Happy Pink Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. How dreamy! I love your rain kissed lilacs & your lovely images~ Your photos are works of art and delight me as much as the fragrance from the blooms!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, Sylvia, love lilacs and your photos are really delightful, love them all !
    Beautiful colors and structures !
    Wish you a nice weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have been tagged! please see my post today. However I really understand if you are too busy.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful lilacs... and blog Silvia!!!
    hugs from Chile

    ReplyDelete
  26. I savour, lead to I found exactly what I was having a look for.
    You've ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

    Here is my weblog :: abhishek bachchan wiki

    ReplyDelete

SYLVIA'S SIMPLE LIFE © 2016 | Template by Blogs & Lattes